Feb. 6, 2017
We continue to move forward with confidence that our Lord is leading us and supplying our needs.
“And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:18
The Search Committee continues to hold forums with various small groups to receive feedback. We will be finishing these up by mid-February. If you want to participate in this exercise, please contact the committee using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the questions we’ve been asking:
- In your opinion, what brings people to our church, and what keeps them coming back?
- Name the 2-3 most significant issues facing our church over the next five years.
- What are your greatest hopes and fears as we go through the Lead Pastor selection process?
- What do you know that you want us (the Pastoral Search Committee) to know?
- What are the biggest challenges you see for a new Lead Pastor?
- What would make the new Lead Pastor successful in the eyes of the congregation?
Once all the forums have been completed, we’ll be compiling the feedback which will be shared with the Elder Board. We will share results here on the website as well.
We’re hoping to give a Search Committee update during Sunday services on February 19 and to post the position on February 20.
We ask for your prayers:
- For God’s insight to determine an accurate view of what the people of Faith Church are thinking and feeling, as a whole, and wisdom to know how best to use the information in the search process.
- For God’s guidance for the Elder Board as to what they might do with the information.
- Prayers for the next step in the information that was gathered, which will be to share results with the whole congregation.
- For our communications to be open and clear.
- Since God’s primary way to speak to us is through His word and prayer, we covet your prayers for the Search Committee, that we will be devoted to spending time in the Word and in prayer regularly, expecting to hear from God.
[themify_hr color=”#000000″ width=”100%” border_width=”1px” ]
Dear Faith Church family,
We, the Search Committee, are pleased to offer this page as a means of keeping you up to date on the progress of the search process.
This committee began its work in early December, 2016. We quickly determined that we wanted a way to receive input from the congregation as well to help you feel a part of the process. We believe that God speaks through His church of which you are a part. We are arranging meetings with small groups of members and attenders, which are in progress. We compiled a set of questions which are helping us hear your hopes and fears, and to gather information that you want us to know. At the end of each meeting we share the job position description, written by our Elder Board, which you may review and ask questions. The Elders are considering this a floating document until posted. If you have not yet participated in one of these meetings and are not currently in a group that is on our schedule, please let one of us know that you’d like to join a meeting.
The next all-church forum would be one of those times you could join us, which is scheduled for Sunday, February 5 immediately following second service.
It is our hope to have the position posted by mid-February.
Here is the list of committee members:
- Search Committee Chair, Geoff Cornwall, Elder
- Dick Lehman, Pastor
- Ryan Holman, General Board Chair
- Beth Cooper, Lay Member
- Adam Escobedo, Lay Member
- Leon Palmer, Lay Member
- Bonnie Hauer, Lay Member
We earnestly covet your prayers as we seek to hear God’s voice above all others, as He leads us to His chosen candidate.
Bonnie Hauer, Committee Member