Norris Lake, Tennessee
We are incredibly excited to prepare for our Junior High Camp coming up June 15-18, 2018. We will be heading back down to Galilee Bible Camp on Norris Lake in Tennessee. This has been one of our favorite locations, and always a great camp experience.
But it is not the location that makes a great camp experience, it is the staff. A good camp staff works very hard to give our campers the best camp experience they have ever had. We are looking to put together a great camp staff that will serve our campers well.
To make this the best camp experience, we will need a variety of different staff roles filled. Each of these roles will be very different, but all will require the same commitment and dedication.
These are the positions we will need to fill:
- Kitchen Crew: Responsible for cooking, serving and cleaning up of all meals and snacks.
- Game Squad: Create, organize and lead all games for the campers.
- Counselors: Pairs of counselors (one teen counselor and one adult counselor per cabin) will shepherd a cabin through the entire camp schedule.
- Lifeguard: Certified lifeguard (must provide certification) will monitor the waterfront and take responsibility for swimmers’ safety while in the water.
- Set-Up/Clean-Up: There is always a great amount of work to be done before and after camp. This crew may not go to camp, but can still be an important part of making sure it happens.
There may be overlap at camp for some of these positions. Some staff members may be asked to help out in different areas as needed. We ask that all Camp Staff come with an open attitude and a willingness to serve in any area, and not just int heir specific role.
Please select your top three positions, and then wait to hear from Bryan or Pam. PLEASE NOTE: completing this registration does not guarantee your spot in any of these positions. We have a limited number of positions, so we will make final decisions on camp staff after everyone has requested the positions they are interested in.
Once the Camp Staff team is complete, we will begin regular Camp Staff meetings to plan out the camp details. (For some positions, extra meetings and outside work may be necessary.)
Cost for camp staff is $50, and will be due once the Camp Staff team is complete. More details about this payment will be given later.